Saturday, October 4, 2008

Spyin' on Mood

Get this: I was working at the antique shop alone today when a woman with a thick French accent came in. She gushed on and on about how she, too, works in a gallery. She insisted on showing me her gallery's website, and directed me to Gallart.com. The gallery is in Florida, is gargantuan, and sells an unbelievable amount of shitty art. But, and here's where it gets good, there's a live webcam overlooking the gallery that YOU CAN CONTROL FROM YOUR COMPUTER! Doesn't sound particularly exciting? Well it makes me feel like James fucking Bond! Oh, and I forgot to mention that it let's you take SNAP SHOTS. Here are some super stealthy spy photos I took:

This is what the gallery looks like.
Photobucket

Our attention is best focused on the art, right? WRONG! If you make the camera move to the left, you see this fellow hard at work.
Photobucket

"But", you might say, "I want to see what that man's FACE look like!"
No problemo.
Photobucket

Gotcha! But what good is a face without a name. Let's see what happens when we take a gander at his computer screen.
Photobucket

Mood. The man's name is Mood. Seriously. I can guarantee that he's been getting shit for his name since he was born. It almost makes me feel guilty for spying on him. Almost. Out of curiosity, let's just see what Mood is writing about.
Photobucket

Holy crap! What kind of operation is this, anyway? We must find out together. I urge all of you to spy on Mood and his coworkers and see what you can come up with. Here's how you take spy photos:

1) Click HERE, which will take you to the webcam homepage.
2) Select a viewer from the list. I've been using "Java applet viewer". Once you select one, you will be taken to a live shot of the gallery.
3) Click on "Control" from the toolbar at the top. Arrows will appear that allow you to control the movements of the camera. Click "Tele" to zoom in and "Wide" to zoom out. The camera reacts slowly, but it's totally freakin worth it.
4) Finally, when you find a frame you want to immortalize, click "Capture" on the toolbar at the top.

The woman who told me about this gallery also mentioned that they'd gotten robbed recently. The thief got away with tens of thousands of dollars worth of sculptures. I asked if the webcam was already installed when the robbery took place, and she said that yes, it was. I wonder how he cased the joint?

That's it. Snoop around and find out what you can. If you take photos that are particularly interesting, send them to 413some@gmail.com and I will post them here. You have no idea how much fun this is.

Here are some more interesting things I found:

There's a woman who sits at the desk next to Mood. Let's take a peek under her desk.
Photobucket
BUSTED! Drinkin' on the job. Tisk tisk.

Let's look over by the register. Why, it's the credit card machine!
Photobucket

Look, a customer is making a purchase!
Photobucket

I sure hope no one is spying on their PIN number!
Photobucket

What a shit show.

1 comment:

s. said...

take me to LOL-town!