Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Blame The Schools


Yup. This about says it all. According to Metro.co.uk, snake owner Sho Lau claims that Po, "...is very tame and one day when I threw a cigarette butt away he went for it and seemed to enjoy having it in his mouth...One thing led to another and before long he was having one cigarette in the morning and another at night...He gets very agitated if I don't have any to spare."

Listen, I don't care if this snake likes to suck one down in the morning. I really don't. But I'm a tad uncomfortable about the trend that this might spark amongst other pets. I, for example, live with a cat. Her name is Girlie and she is an asshole. The last thing I need is for her to start sneaking swigs of my whiskey. It's not like she finds me smoking her catnip. And (true story), we once owned a timid little cat named Guy. His vet prescribed him uppers in an attempt to boost his se;f-defense tendencies. After the company that made the drug was involved in a price gouging scandal, Guy was involved in a class-action lawsuit. He won. We got $200. So clearly there are benefits to letting our animals party as hard as we do. We need well-defined rules in order to weight the pros and cons of this murky subject. For example, what exactly is one to do if they catch their dog raiding their weed stash? You can't very well rub his nose in it. Good thing these scientists are addressing the issue:



Absolute best quote from this video: "Given THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, the spider didn't built a web. It built a hammock, where it lay all day and watched the caffeine spider go."

No comments: