Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Music iz gay" - Jeff Tweedy

So the other night Wilco, who are famous, played at Tanglewood. Here's a photo of them backstage talking to who I can only assume is a janitor.
Photobucket

Usually on nights of important Tanglewood concerts, downtown Lenox floods with, shall we say, the elderly and the incontinent. You can smell their Alzheimer's and soiled Depends from blocks away. They cannot smell anything. Trying to buy a bottle of whiskey at Nejaime's requires violently shoving your way through a sea of these spindly skin droopers. Fortunately it doesn't take much force to knock them off their center of gravity.

But before the Wilco concert, Lenox was full of people who look like this.
Photobucket

Notice their casual, unkempt hair styles, their propensity for flannel, and their voracious hunger for pizza. These people clearly like to PAR-TAY (smoke drugs).

At Tanglewood, I saw every person who I know. This one is Ian. His hobbies include leisure, getting tazed, and falling to the ground after getting tazed. He enjoys the music of Wilco and, from what I can tell from this photo, ice-cold Diet Sprite and talking on New York Telephones.
Photobucket

Aside from working on my popularity, I also spent some time listening to the band. They mostly played music. It was the best night of my life. Wilco, I just have one thing to say to you:
Photobucket

No comments: